CHEST SEAL – HYFIN VENT COMPACT CHEST SEAL TWIN PACK
I agree. Nobody wants to have to use one of these. However a gun shot or knife attack can and frequently do happen these days in South Africa. Added to that you have people working in your garden with axes, lashers and lawnmowers. If a lawnmower blade hits a rock and shatters you land up with steel flying everywhere. Usually these embed themselves from the upper calf to the quad. At that point the SAM-XT tourniquet comes in handy. Sometimes they fly higher. This is where a chest seal comes into its own.
2 sizes available:
Please be aware that there are 2 sizes to choose from with the twin set.
The compact and the full size. The information is given on the compact. Both work the same the sizes are just different. The sizes are given under Dimensions at the bottom of the page. Just select the correct size from the list when ordering.
The HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack provides users with two vented chest seals in a compact packaging for the treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest. Designed with 3-vented channels that allow air to escape the chest cavity during exhalation but prevents airflow from entering through the injury site during inhalation. Each HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal is 4.75 in. x 4.75 in. and made with advanced adhesive to provide a superior adhesion in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties.
Packaged in a rugged, easy-to-open foil pouch, the perforated packaging allows users to open only one dressing at a time as needed. It’s small packaging is ideal for low profile kits as you do not have to fold it to get it to fit in your kit, go-bag, cargo pocket or body armor. SPECIFICATIONS:
• 3-channel pressure relief vents • Two Chest Seals for the treatment of entry/exit or multiple penetrating wounds • Advanced adhesive gel for superior adhesion, even to sweaty or hairy chests • Large red tab for single step, peel and apply application that also allows for burping the wound if necessary • Rugged, easy-to-open foil package featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches with perforated packaging allowing rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed
DIMENSIONS FOR THE COMPACT SET.
• Device: 4.75 in. x 4.75 in. (excluding tab) • Packaged: H 3.875 in. x W 6.6 in. x D 0.13 in. • Weight: 1.55 oz
DIMENSIONS FOR THE FULL SIZED SET.
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged Folded: H 7.5 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 0.25 in.
- Packaged Unfolded: L 7.5 in. x W 9 in. x D 0.13 in.
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- US Patents: 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending